Join A Committee
YPSLC is a not-for-profit organization governed by a volunteer board of directors. Events are created for us, by us and we would love for you to be apart. Get involved by joining a committee!
Committee members are required to attend 1 60 minute committee meeting per month. Committee members are also required to serve as a volunteer host at 1 YPSLC event per month. Committee membership is recognized after a attending fulfilling committee membership requirments for 3 consecutive months.
Things to Know:
1. Committee membership is only open to YPSLC VIP members.
2. Interested in joining the board of directors as a director in the future? Elections are held in the fall of each year and you must have previously served on a committee or previously served on a board of a non-profit/community organization in a similiar role or previously employed in the capacity in which they have been nominated to serve.
3. Interested in becoming an Executive Officer (President, Vice-President Internal, Vice-President Programming, Secretary, or Treasurer)? You must first serve on the board as a director for one year.
1. Civic & Community Engagement Committee: The Civic & Community Engagement Committee is responsible for creating and maintaining relationships with community partners. This committee partners with local government, state leaders, and area non-profit to ensure young professionals enjoy quality of life while residing in Utah. The committee is also tasked with finding a way for YPSLC members to learn about community topics that impact SLC area YP’s and engage local leaders or businesses with our opinion.
2. Community Events Committee: The Community Events Committee is responsible for overseeing Experience! programming. This committee focuses on connecting young professionals with community partners such as local organizations, businesses, and resources through fun and engaging events. Committee members plan exciting events such as brewery tours, attending sporting events, connecting with local arts & culture, and much more!
3. Membership Recruitment & Engagement Committee: The Membership Recruitment & Engagement Committee manages YPSLC membership. This committee is responsible for recruiting prospective members for membership in YPSLC, engaging members in committee work, and ensuring the retention of current members.
4. Philanthropy & Volunteer Events Committee: The Philanthropy and Volunteer Events Committee oversees our Give! programming. This committee is responsible for creating and managing charity events and volunteer opportunities for our members. The key role of committee is to serve the Salt Lake community in which we live, work and play by engaging in meaningful philanthropic work. Committee members plan volunteer and philanthropic fundraising events, track YPSLC’s volunteer hours, and manages YPSLC’s donations to non-profit organization.
6. Personal & Professional Development: The Personal and Professional Development Events Committee oversees our Elevate! programming. This committee focuses on developing the next generation of leaders and working professionals in our area. This committee develops programming or partners with area organizations to provide young professionals with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to become ideal future leaders in their personal and/or professional lives.
7. Public Relations & Marketing: The Public Relations & Marketing committee is responsible for maintaining YPSLC’s brand, creating awareness of YPSLC and our events, and promoting Salt Lake City as a young professional friendly place to live, work, and play.
8. Social Events Committee: The Social Events Committee oversees our Connect! Programming. This committee focuses on connecting young professionals with each other and the greater community via creating engaging events geared towards young professionals.